All pupils will be registered through Central Registration.
Where: Administrative Annex Office
62 Veeder Lane
When: Monday through Friday
9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Contact: Marianne Rutzler
The Berkeley Township School District would like to clarify our process in the placement of children into the schools within our district. Although students are placed into schools by certain catchment areas, our boundaries remain fluid in our efforts to equalize class sizes and school resources.
Please bring the following documents to register your child:
- A transfer card (if your child previously attended another school)
- A copy of your child's health record
- A copy of your child's IEP if your child receives special services
- An original birth certificate with a raised seal (for preschool and kindergarten students)
- Two proofs of residency such as:
- Driver's license
- Deed to residence
- Original lease or notarized tenancy agreement
- Property tax bill
- Utility bill
- Bank account statement or cancelled checks
- Water or sewer bill
- Voter registration card
Additional documentation, including a notarized affidavit of residency, will be required for parents who reside within the district who do not rent or own a residence
Your child must be 5 years old on or before October 1st to attend kindergarten. For the 2.5 hour preschool, your child must be 3 or 4 years old on or before October 1st. For the full day preschool, your child must be 4 years old on or before October 1st.
Providing the necessary documentation will ensure your child's timely entry into our district.